Throughout the duration of this course, you will prepare for and take the PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner exams.
Passing both exams will provide you with the skills and knowledge required to be part of a project management team using PRINCE2®.
Before taking part in this course, we recommend that you:
- Read three chapters from the official PRINCE2® manual, “Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2®.”
- Complete a pre-course workbook
- Answer the 70 multiple choice questions designed to test PRINCE2® knowledge
This course is recommended for anyone that is interested in project management, and anybody can apply. Some knowledge and experience of project management would be advantageous, but is not necessary.
- This is a five-day course with the Foundation, and Practitioner content split into a two-part structure.
- In the first three days, you will be preparing for the Foundation exam.
- In the last two days, you will prepare for the Practitioner exam
This course will cover the following topics:
- Principles of PRINCE2®
- Business Case Theme
- Organisation Theme
- Quality Theme
- Plans Theme
- Risk Theme
- Change Theme
- Progress Theme
- Starting up a Project Process
- Directing a Project Process
- Initiating a Project Process
- Controlling a Stage Process
- Managing Product Delivery Process
- Managing a Stage Boundary Process
- Closing a Project Process
- Tailoring PRINCE2® to the project environment
The two exams are split.
The Foundation exam:
- Focuses on knowledge of PRINCE2
- Multiple choice
- 75 questions
- 1 hour
- Pass mark is 50%
The Practitioner exam:
- Focuses on ability to apply PRINCE2® to an example scenario
- Objective testing, a type of multiple choice
- Eight questions, ten items per question
- Two-and-a-half hours
- Pass mark is 55%
There will be some homework during this course, and completing it will make sure you have the best possible chance of passing the exam.
Find out about our course locations and training types
Q1. Why should I learn PRINCE2?
PRINCE2® is a project management method which is flexible enough to be applied to any project or organisation. Because it is a best practice method, it has been proven to work countless times and been refined over many years.
Q2. Who will be teaching me during my PRINCE2® course?
You will be taught by our instructors who have over ten years of experience.
Q3. What time do I need to arrive at the venue?
The course will start at 9 am and finish at 5 pm every day.
Q4. How can a PRINCE2® qualification benefit me?
Knowledge of PRINCE2® will benefit anybody working as a project manager or as part of a project team. A PRINCE2® qualification shows that you know how to use the PRINCE2® methodology to organise and run projects and is highly valuable all over the world as a recognition of project management knowledge.
Q5. How can I find more information about the PRINCE2® qualification?
If you are looking for more information about the qualification, please contact us using the following details:
Telephone: 0117 3341 005
Address: 80-83 Long Lane, London, EC1A 9ET